Giving Back: LifeSong for Orphans
Waco is an active supporter of the organization Lifesong for Orphans. Lifesong is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to bringing joy and purpose to orphans. Lifesong achieves its objective of improving the life of orphans by calling upon church organizations to mobilize their members to provide a unique and special service. Members contribute in their own way --- some by adopting, some by caring, and some by giving. Programs sponsored by Lifesong include:
- Sponsor an adoption matching grant to serve as a catalyst for raising funds to cover adoption costs
- Sponsor an adoption interest free loan to pay adoption expenses and recycle the loan repayments to pay for future adoptions
- Through summer camp, give orphans a respite from the difficulties of every day life
- Sponsor a school in Zambia to support children with academic achievement, learning English, and providing improved health care and nutrition
- Give vulnerable children in India a home which provides regular meals, shelter, nurturing, and mentoring
- Provide a transition home for children aging out of orphanages and prevent them from turning to crime, drugs, prostitution and even suicide
For more information or to make a contribution please visit www.lifesongfororphans.org.
Laurel House www.laurel-house.org is a comprehensive domestic violence agency serving individuals, families and communities throughout Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The agency was founded in 1980 and inn 1981, Laurel House was incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization.
The agency's name was selected because of the beauty of the laurel, Pennsylvania's state flower. It represents a victory for people who have taken the courageous first step to build a violence free life for themselves and their children.
Over the past 27 years, programs have expanded to include many other needed services and supports. Today, in addition to our 24-hour hotline and shelter, Laurel House offers transitional housing, medical advocacy, legal advocacy, community counseling and support groups, children's programs, support to law enforcement, and expanded community education and prevention efforts. Marian's Attic was established as an "upscale resale" thrift shop in King of Prussia to raise funds to support shelter and counseling programs, while also helping raise awareness about domestic abuse.
Laurel House invites and needs your support as we all work together to help end domestic violence. Laurel House depends upon the support and generosity of the community to sustain its programs for victims/survivors of domestic violence and their children. There are many ways to help, including donations, bequests, and volunteering. Please consider supporting the work of Laurel House. Your help allows us to help bring safety and self-sufficiency to victims of domestic violence.
For more information or to make a contribution please visit www.laurel-house.org.